Saturday, December 29, 2007

Catching the Big Fish

"Ideas are like fish. If you want to catch the little fish, you can stay in the shallow water. But if you want to catch the big fish, you've got to go deeper. Down deep, the fish are more powerful and pure, They're huge and abstract. And they're beautiful."
- David Lynch



Lately I have been having many creative outbursts. Hundreds of crazy ideas for characters, plot points, settings and music have been dancing around in my head but I've been having a hell of a time trying to get them out of my head and onto paper. Then in between these outbursts I will have no inspiration at all. This frustrated the hell of me,

so I bought this book:
This is a fantastic read, and it is fairly short so whenever I am in a rut I can read this whole thing over in one go.

David Lynch is truly an amazing person, and this book is a must read for any aspiring artist, in any field.

I am pretty inspired to continue writing.

No comments: